Monday, June 16, 2014

Wedding Belle Blues

Anna is planning the perfect wedding, but she doesn't anticipate her future mother-in-law's offer of help which translates into take over. Her groom-to-be avoids her and insists their growing problems are just "bridal nerves." Worst of all, her best friend, Robin, begins to act strange. Everyone around her has his or her own agenda. What's a girl to do when she begins to realize the perfect life she envisioned is all a lie?
Robin has two great loves in his life: his best friend Anna and his motorcycle. Not one to make a scene, he supports Anna in her plan to marry the wrong man and regrets she can't accept his dare devil lifestyle. But when push comes to shove, he's more than willing to make the necessary sacrifice and prove he is the man she needs.
As the wedding date draws near and plans shift into high gear, Robin and Anna grow closer and not just as friends. Each must decide what the perfect life truly means while trying to negotiate the maze of wedding plans, secrets, and hidden motives. Will someone be left singing the blues?


1. How did you start writing erotic romance?
I've wanted to write since I could first hold a crayon. Nothing is better than writing a good love story, unless it's reading one. Writing romance came from a lifelong love of fairy tales, happily ever afters and the realization people grow and change while love take many forms.
2. Plotter or pantster?
Pantster. I do outline and still have characters who completely change the story so I usually just let them tell me what to write.
3. What are three things you have on your writing desk?
A bottle of water to hydrate, some form of chocolate (I prefer the dark chocolate mint m and m candies) and a blue notepad that looks like River Song's journal from the show Doctor Who to jot down notes.
4. Favorite food?
Chocolate. Also vegetable lasagna
5. Tell us a little about your new release. What character in the book really spoke to you?
Wedding Belle Blues is about making choices and finding what's truly in your own heart. When you begin to realize your feelings for your best friend are anything but simply friendly and she's set to marry another man, what do you do? Let her marry him or risk losing your friendship telling her you love her?
The character who spoke most to me is Robin; I felt like he literally sat on my desk and said, "Here, this is how you tell it" I even told my editor is a round of edits I wasn't certain who wrote the revised scenes: Robin or me. I admit Anna and I are more than a bit alike, as well.
6. I write because ____...
I can't not write. Writing is as essential to me as breathing.
7. What is your favorite type of character to write about?
The character who grows and changes is my favorite, because this is what we, as people, are supposed to do in life. I'm definitely not the same person I was a year ago, five years ago, etc. Rarely are any of my characters the same at the end of the book as they are at the beginning.
8. What is the sexiest scene you ever wrote?
A shower scene where the Hero washes the Heroine's hair.

9. What advice would you give new authors in the erotica/romance field?
Write what you love and from your heart and brain not what is expected or what 'sells'. I firmly believe a good story will sell, regardless what its plot is so long as the author is true to the characters and writes with emotion.

10. What is next on your writerly horizon?
I have a Flirt coming out with Breathless Press called, 'That Night' which also features Anna and Robin from Wedding Belle Blues. The second book in the 'Weddings by C & C' series, 'Take a Chance on Me' is in edits, should release later this year and follows Anna's mother Christine. Anna's brother Adam is also whispering (shouting) rather loudly in my ear to have his story told, as well.

Excerpt:

"Chasing you would be a wasted effort." Robin waved the half eaten slice before he set the crust back in the box.
Anna slammed the lid on his hand. "What do you mean? I'm not worth the chase?"
"Hey, starving teacher here." He knocked on the inside of the box and glared at her. "And don't be ridiculous. Of course you're worth a chase, but even I can recognize a no win situation regardless if I can't fully give up on it or you."
"What's that supposed to mean?" He was hiding something besides his hand in the box. "Robin?"
The liquid blue fire in his eyes singed her as he spoke. "I didn't give the let's-forget-this-ever-happened-and-just-be-friends speech. I didn't stay too afraid to see where our relationship might have gone. No win situation."
Stunned, she gaped at him. "I thought...but you never said...I mean we'd..."
He just stared at her, face unmoving, his chest rising and falling as his breaths increased. He was, she realized, getting angrier by the second.
She swallowed and tried to find words, any words, to defuse the tension. "I couldn't bear to think of losing you as my friend. We did the best thing for us."
"We did the best thing for you."
"But you...you agreed with me. You said you didn't want to risk our friendship either."
"What the hell could I say?" He shot to his feet, knocking the pizza box to the floor. "You didn't give me a choice. Either be your friend, only your friend, or leave your life."
"I never said we couldn't be friends or you had to leave my life." She whispered the words. Yet it had been close.
"Even now you won't face it." He muttered a curse which shocked her with the anger behind it. "Will you? You won't admit maybe we could have—"
"I faced it the morning after. I'm not an idiot, Robin. When you date a woman, it's like your skydiving adventures. You have a thrill, anything goes, and it's awesome and you're on the high of it all. Then you land and it's over. You never talk to the woman again, let alone have a friendship with her. I didn't want our friendship to be over. I still don't. I can't give more than I am. I can't."
"Why, Anna?" He stopped right in front of her, hands on his hips balled into fists. "Why can't you give more? Because of Doug Dufuss?"
"No. Because I can't just have sex with you and then watch you leave!"




Social and buy links
Blog: miaepsilon.blogspot.com
Face Book: MiaEwrites
Twitter: Mia Epsilon @MiaEpsilon
Breathlesspress.com: http://www.breathlesspress.com/index.php?main_page=product_free_shipping_info&products_id=582
Amazon.com/author/miaepsilon: http://www.amazon.com/Mia-Epsilon/e/B00DQ61FRM
Good Reads: Mia Epsilon

Author bio:
Mia Epsilon lives with her enduring soul mate hubby in the gorgeous Blue Ridge Appalachian Mountains of North Carolina, USA (where 'The Last of the Mohicans', 'Dirty Dancing' and 'The Hunger Games' were filmed). She's an avid reader of almost anything but particularly romance, erotic, historical, contemporary, sci-fi, any great love story. She's a never-miss-an-episode viewer of Doctor Who and Sherlock, and happily suffers a coffee and chocolate addiction. She can most often be found at her computer, spinning new stories, or in a quiet padded nook with her e reader. Look for more stories in the 'Weddings by C & C' line.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!