Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Hungry for Love: An Erotic Anthology Visits With Fellow Author Lynn Townsend



Coming Together: Hungry for Love is a collection of zombie-themed erotic fiction edited by the fabulous Sommer Marsden. Sales proceeds benefit the American Diabetes Association.

TABLE OF CONTENTS: Little Deaths (Cora Zane); My Name is Brighton (Alana Noel Voth); Dead in the Water (Lynn Townsend); Head Full of Zombie (Alison Tyler); Zombie Apocalypse: First Responder (Kissa Starling); You Look Better Dead (Jeffrey L. Shipley); Zombie Goddess (Sadey Quinn); Dark Hunger ( Erzabet Bishop); Love Never Dies (t'Sade); Meat (Bobby Diabolus); Annie Morgan (Armand Rosamilia); Queer Zombie Disco (Kirsty Logan); The Tenderest Meat (Elise Hepner); Last Man on Earth (Blacksilk); Zombie Factory (Kiki Howell); Screen Siren (Annabeth Leong); You Make a Dead Man Come ( Sommer Marsden)




  • https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/249587?ref=comingtogether
  • http://www.amazon.com/Coming-Together-Hungry-Love-ebook/dp/B009YA7XYS/
  • https://www.createspace.com/3966216
  • http://www.amazon.com/Coming-Together-Hungry-Sommer-Marsden/dp/1479125571
  • https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-comingtogetherhungryforlove-986042-144.html
  • https://www.omnilit.com/product-comingtogetherhungryforlove-986042-144.html

  • It's out. My first short story. It's erotic and horrific and oh so very perfect for this time of year. So many great authors went into the making of this anthology and all the proceeds go to help the American Diabetes Association. As someone who came very close (last April) to being diagnosed and who had to live with the scare, this is a worthy cause and it was a joy to participate in. I hope you will join me in supporting Coming Together and add some scary fun to your November.


    In talking about our new book release, I got the chance to visit with fellow author Lynn Townsend. 


    1. What inspired you to write erotica?

    I've been writing for a very long time now. I started my first poem in first grade, and wrote my first short story in fifth grade. During college, I took Creative Writing classes... but my first love was fantasy/horror/sci-fi. And I wrote those instead. However, it seems that in retrospect, I was always writing love stories, just set in a sci-fi, or fantasy, or horror setting. And then I was going back, when I was done, and removing all the sex, most of the romance, and hating it. I had a perfectly good peacock here, I was ripping all the feathers off it, calling it an eagle and trying to figure out why the damn thing wouldn't fly.

    But I think I really got pointed in the right direction when a friend of mine was making fun of slash fiction. "Here's what I don't get... there's this whole subculture of women, writing stories about men having sex with other men, mainly for other women." And I thought, "There is? Really? How come I haven't heard about this? Where? Let me see!"

    2. Tell us a little about what inspired your story in Hungry for Love.

    I love Zombies. One of my favorite movies, ever ever, is Shaun of the Dead. I actually have a collection of Zombie themed music; (Zombie Prostitute by Voltaire, Re: Your Brains, by Jonathon Coulton, The Dead Crawl from the Earth Alive by Jonah Knight are some good examples). As for the specific story, I saw a Facebook post that said "Buy a boat! Zombies Can't Swim."

    I did have an interesting adventure while writing it; I've had a bit of a phobia about guns for a long time. And when I was writing the scene where Paige is shooting a deader, it just wasn't coming out well. So I called a friend of mine who likes to go to the shooting range and I had her take me down and teach me how to fire a gun.

    3. Open your story to any page and give us a snapshot of what is happening.

    Paige is staring out at the coastal waters, somewhere in Virginia. She's wearing long pants and dying from the heat - Virginia is unpleasant in the late summer, really. Mosquitoes and humidity, even at night. She's looking through binoculars, keeping an eye out for deaders along the shore.

     4. Your main character wants to go out to dinner. Set the scene.

    Even before the zombie outbreak, Paige never was the type of girl who wanted to be wined and dined. She's more of a "get Chinese take out and eat out of the boxes while watching movies on television." She's been working on a charter fishing boat for the last several years, though, so she's not big on seafood.

    5. What are your favorite types of characters to write about?

    I don't know if I have a particular character type, although most of my characters tend to have messed up or dysfunctional families. I grew up in an uncomfortably estranged household and I've never quite managed to write a convincing loving family.



    6. Pepperoni pizza or sushi?

    Yes? I love sushi; particularly eel. I have to be careful, tho. Both my husband and my daughter are allergic to shellfish.

    7. Beer, martini or mineral water?

    Definitely beer. And good beer, mind you, not that cheap American crap. Except Sam Adam's, sometimes. My current favorites are Monty Python Holy GrAle, Abt. 12, and Newcastle Brown. There's a really good German restaurant down in Portsmouth, the Biergarten and we go there fairly regularly. They have over 300 beers, and I'm always having fun trying to find something new to drink.

    8. What are your current writing projects?

    Oh dear god.

    I'm finishing up a holiday piece called Christmas Miracle. I'm going to miss the deadline for a femme fatal piece - I've had an abundance of real life getting in the way, but I think I may expand on that idea... In the background, I have some longer pieces; a vampire steampunk three-some, a straight-up steampunk romance, a college-age m/m, and a possible piece of lit-fic. I've always got something going on... usually just too much to ever get done at one time. I've also got about half a dozen shorts floating around that haven't been finished yet.

    9. What is your favorite kind of erotica? Fantasy, horror, BDSM...

    Honestly, I'm a little odd. I like something that makes me laugh. Sex is enjoyable. And I don't want to read sex that takes itself too seriously. It's one of the reasons that I really wanted to work on this antho; I adore Sommer Marsden. She makes me laugh. So, really, genre doesn't matter. I tend to steer away from too much pain; I'm a horrible wimp. I will stop sex in the middle of things because my partner is leaning on my hair.

    10. What are some of your hobbies when you are not writing wonderful
    smutterific things to read?

    Well, I'm a sci-fi/fantasy geek. I love summer action movies. I like Star Wars, Star Trek, and Firefly. That kind of stuff.

    I'm almost always reading something - usually two or three somethings, honestly. Right now I'm reading one of the Longmire mysteries, re-reading a David Eddings novel, and flipping through the stories in Hungry For Love. Oh, and I'm reading a romance, Your Scandalous Ways.

    I like role-playing games - the kind with paper and dice, I mean. I'm currently playing Star Wars, the Old Republic as my MMO, although up until recently, I'd been playing Warcraft for... oh... (((eight years)))

    I'm also a bit of an audiophile. I have something close to 30,000 mp3s. I go to estate sales and yard sales and thrift stores and buy boxes of CDs, just to have something new to listen to. I'm particularly fond of filk and geek music. Jonathon Coulton, Jonah Knight, Mikey Mason, that sort of thing.




    This is my current publications and



    Thanks so much!

    Thanks so much for joining me on the blog today. Happy book release!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for commenting!