Sunday, April 14, 2013

Review: Rise of the Dom by Brenna Zinn


DESCRIPTION

Although this book can be read on its own, we recommend reading Fatal Submission by Nicole Austin first. 
It’s 1998, and what a great year it’s been for independent yet sexually submissive Emma Sutherland. She’s secured a great job teaching at the local university, bought a dream house in the country with its very own dungeon in the basement and found a masterful Dom who fulfills her every desire. Who could ask for more? 
Chet Crosby can. Having hot, kinky sex with Emma is no longer enough. He wants to take care of her outside the dungeon and have a real relationship, which she’s not ready for. Ready or not, the horrifying and unexplainable occurrences in Emma’s home have her scared, and Chet’s more determined than ever to protect the woman he loves. Even if doing so means facing unimaginable terror. 



I read the first book in this series and was chomping at the bit to read the second. It did not disappoint. If anything, Brenna Zinn continues a great erotic horror story with this installment. Emma is battling demons of her own and wants desperately to have a place she call her own. Despite her growing feelings for Chet, her Dom, she wants this house to be just hers. When she begins to have visions of dead girls and her kitchen begins to freeze, she knows something is going on and she doesn't like it one bit.

Chet has his own experiences in the house, where he experiences thoughts and sensations that are not his own. When he has an installer put in a security system to help Emma, he learns the horrible truth about his sub's new home.

This book was a roller coaster ride of fun sexy Dom/sub situations combined with erotic horror and some inner demons that Emma had to work through. It was a well rounded read for 72 pages and I can't wait to read more from the talented Brenna Zinn. She can scare me to sleep any night of the week!

4.5/5


6 comments:

  1. I read both Brenna's book and Nicole's as well. I totally enjoyed both. But I have to admit that if I didn't already know both of them and love them that I probably wouldn't have read them. Romantic horror just didn't appeal to me. Both these great ladies sure changed my mind on that topic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Margie. Sometimes taking a risk pays off. I can't tell you how glad I am that Nic's book, Fatal Submission, and mine paid off. Hope we always continue to please :)

      Delete
  2. Erzabet, you absolutely made my day! Thank you for the fabulous review. I must confess, I thought writing a horror erotic story would be a snap. It wasn't. Horror isn't easy. I now have an even deeper respect for authors like Stephen King.
    Nicole Austin's Fatal Submission, the first book in this two book series is simply phenomenal and a hard act to follow. She's got a wonderful writing style I adore.
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are more than welcome! I write horror under my real name, and you are so right. It is tough. I have an erotic horror zombie short coming out in the summer in Hell Whore 2 and it was a challenge to write. :) Fun, but a challenge. Looking forward to reading more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love Brenna's books. Keep an wye out for her new series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will read absolutely anything and everything by the amazing brenna and Nicole

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!