Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Breathless Tuesday: To Have or To Haunt


Today we have special guest Ishabelle Torry and her spooky tale of Halloween love and remembrances of things past...

1.       How did you start writing erotic romance?

Quite by accident, really. I knew I wanted to write romance, but as I got older I gained more…experience, which helped me write more realistic stories. I truly believe that sex is an integral part of a relationship.
2.       Plotter or pantster?

Definite panster with an idea.
3.       What are three things you have on your writing desk?
Diet Coke. Paperwork. My bra. Yes, my bra! LOL


4.       Favorite food?

Tacos…anything Mexican really.

5.       Tell us a little about your new release. What character in the book really spoke to you?

Ohh, well…To Have or to Haunt is my first f/f piece. The idea came to me when my publisher announced a call for Haunted Halloween submissions. I immediately pictured a haunted mansion, and Leah was the first character to whisper to me by laying claim to Crowe Mansion…she then haunted me until I told her tale!



6.       I write because ____...

I write because if I don't I will explode!

7.       What is your favorite type of character to write about?

Ahh, yes…the favorite character. We all have one. I tend to fall in love with my side characters. You know, that flashy, snarky, and often obnoxious sidekick. With that said, wait until you meet Ally, from To Have and to Haunt!


8.       What is the sexiest scene you ever wrote?

*winks* I'm still writing it.
9. What advice would you give new authors in the erotica/romance field?
Keep writing. Write what makes you comfortable. And definitely write the heat level that fits your characters.

10. What is next on your writerly horizon?
I am currently working on the first book of a series of Armageddon proportions!
Please include the following with your interview:

Social and buy links
Follow on Twitter @IshabelleTorry
Blog: http://authorishabelletorry.wordpress.com/

 Buy Link




Author bio-
At the age of fourteen, Ishabelle Torry stole her first romance novel, Warrior's Lady by Madeline Baker, from her mother's glass "no-no" cabinet. It was then Ishabelle fell in love with the idea of new worlds, love conquers all, and the ability to forget the real world as she took on the lives of characters that were just as real as the people she interacted with every day. It wasn't long before her fixation with romance novels landed her in the high school office to collect the books confiscated during the previous week. Ishabelle swore one day she'd write the kind of book that would keep readers so enthralled, they'd too risk confiscation to keep turning the pages!

Other titles by Ishabelle Torry include: The Gift, King of Hearts, To Wish Upon a Roman, and Sins of an Angel. (Coming soon)

Current projects include a full length novel series of Armageddon proportions—not like anything you've ever read before!


Blurb-
Melanie Fyre is a passionate teacher determined to raise funds for the town's school. What better way to do it than by expanding the local businesses? All she needs is land. Untouched for years thanks to a local superstition, the Crowe property is perfect. If Melanie can debunk the myth, she can get the use of those 600 beautiful acres. She just has to prove to the town that Leah's ghost is not haunting the mansion, even on Samhain night.

Burned to death and proclaimed a witch, Leah Crowe's soul has been cursed to an eternity of loneliness, all because she dared to love a woman. When the saucy Melanie arrives at her home to throw a costume party that mocks Leah's very existence, the bitter ghost resolves to renew the town's fear of her name. Will Leah's ghost ruin all of Melanie's plans?


Book excerpt-.
That voice…Melanie's head snapped left, then right. "Leah?"  On either side stood groups of people, but no one she didn't recognize immediately—even through the plethora of costumes. She turned in a circle, searching for the face the voice belonged to. "You know it's not nice to stalk people."
"I was thinking much the same in regards to someone inviting themselves into my home."
Melanie jumped. It sounded as if Leah were speaking directly into her ear. "Your home? As in Leah Crowe's home?" She laughed so hard she snorted. "So that's what you were doing in the room upstairs…haunting me?"
Once again, Leah's voice sounded near. "No. I had only intended to ask that you leave and take your party elsewhere. I will haunt you if you fail to comply."
Melanie crossed her arms and chuckled. Someone was definitely pranking her.
Circled by a group of men paying homage to her costume, Ally randomly waved from across the room, raising a glass of beer. Melanie smirked. So busted! This scenario had her best friend's name written all over it. She nodded, licking her lips. "Bring it on, ghost chick. This party needs some entertainment anyway."
Review:
This story was a whole lot of fun and I enjoyed the read. Just the right amount of spooky and sexy fun. If you are looking for a quick read for this season of haunting delights you can't go wrong with To Have or To Haunt.
4/5


1 comment:

  1. This does sound like a hauntingly good tale.
    Very nice interview. I think many of us nabbed a book our mothers did not want us reading.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!