Monday, September 1, 2014

Breathless Monday: Boss's Orders


Author Interview:
1. How did you start writing erotic romance? Well, I have always loved to read, but romance novels are dear to my heart. I have several that are my favorites. When I started creative writing at the age of eleven the stories were more Young Adult stories. The older I became the stories naturally progressed into romance and then erotica.
2. Plotter or pantster? Panster.
3. What are three things you have on your writing desk? My printer, a lamp, and a calendar.
4. Favorite food? Pork chops. Love them.
5. Tell us a little about your new release. What character in the book really spoke to you? My new release is Boss's Orders, a flirt. The heroine, Lizzie is a strong personality in a small package. She is a spunky woman who knows what she wants.
6. I write because I feel compelled to reach the happy ending for my characters. There's a nagging feeling of something left unfinished that tends to bother me until I finish a story.
7. What is your favorite type of character to write about? Sarcastic, funny, and charming characters who make the story interesting.
8. What is the sexiest scene you ever wrote? In Boss's Orders the way Lizzie tries to make the bed with Brian in it is pretty spicy.
9. What advice would you give new authors in the erotica/romance field? Be true to yourself and don't go past the lines of sensuality you are comfortable with.
10. What is next on your writerly horizon? I have a few unfinished projects that are waiting for me to get back to them. Next year should be interesting for me.
Thanks so much for hosting me today. I hope you check out Boss's Orders and chat with me about it.


Blurb:
What's a girl to do when her hot boss makes her his emergency contact? Why follow orders and kiss his pain away, of course.

Lizzie Schwep has fought her attraction to Brian Monroe for three long years, but when an accident leaves him in need of some tender loving care she finds herself ready to toss in the towel.
Brian Monroe is comfortable being the boss. He's avoided a messy situation by keeping hands off his sexy assistant, but when he's suddenly dependent on Lizzie, he finds himself tempted to break all the rules and follow her every order.

Buy Link
 

Boss's Orders Excerpt:
"My panties are not in a twist." He insisted roughly. "I know we've had this argument before, but those guys were memorizing your ass in those too-tight jeans while you were bent over." Oh, so that was what got him so pissy. Interesting.
"So?" She wanted to laugh, but kept her face straight as she envisioned steam escaping his ears.
"You really don't mind being ogled by a bunch of sweaty movers?" He eyed her tight gray T-shirt once more.
"I'm flattered."
"Flattered! Are you so hard-up for male attention that you look for trouble like that?"
"Trouble? Seriously? They were harmless men." She scowled at him and got up to grab the bag of bedding she had purchased for the twin bed. "As for needing attention, every woman likes male attention." Irritation grew as he continued to glare at her while she made the bed. "And how dare you insult me about liking it, when every woman you've dated since I met you earns their living by sashaying their asses in front of men and cameras?" She snapped the top sheet with excess energy and began tucking it under at the foot. "Talk about a hypocrite, Brian baby."
"Eaves-dropping were you?" He actually grinned at her and she blew her hair out of her eyes. It had escaped her loose bun while she was beating the sheets into place.
"Why do you date women who are more concerned with their diets than with you? Oh, that's right! Because they have size two bodies and point two IQ's."
"You pay a lot of attention to my sex life, Schwep. Should I be worried about you becoming a stalker?" He laughed outright as she sputtered.
"You should be so lucky, Monroe."
Kelliea Ashley knew at a young age that she wanted to be a writer. She has finally found a home at Breathless Press writing the genres she loves to read. A nominee for 2013's RONE Award for Paranormal Romance and winner of Breathless Press's Best of 2013 Contemporary Romance, she is happily following her dream. If you would like to contact her, you can do so by using the following links. Kelliea loves to hear from readers and reviewers alike.

Twitter-@AshleyKelliea



1 comment:

  1. Kelliea Ashley rocks my toe socks off! Love her brain! thanks to her and to Erzabet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!