Monday, September 22, 2014

Breathless Monday: Take a Chance On Me


1. How did you start writing erotic romance?
I've always wanted to be a writer, from the earliest memory. There's nothing more magical to me than the story of how 2 people fall in love and maintain their relationship. I'm blessed to be able to write their stories.
2. Plotter or pantster?
I'm a pantster, completely. I have a general  idea where the story is going and what will happen, but I leave my characters in charge for the most part and let them tell me what they want.  If I plotted, they'd no doubt change the outline anyway, fickle things which they are.
3. What are three things you have on your writing desk?
1. A copy of the Blue Tardis journal The Doctor gave River Song in Doctor Who
2. A stuffed bunny my Hubby gave me as his first romantic gift to me because he called me 'my bunny'.
3. 3 bottles of water to remind me to hydrated and to keep me from eating junk food
4. Favorite food?
5. Tell us a little about your new release. What character in the book really spoke to you?
'Take a Chance on Me' is the story of co workers who become lovers right before both their worlds fall apart. It's a companion book to my first release from Breathless Press, Wedding Belle Blues. The hero and heroine are more mature and past that 'first bloom' of love.
Christine, the heroine, spoke the most to me because she's actually much like me: same age, lifestyle, things which happen with and to her. It was great to talk to her and let her tell me her side of things.
6. I write because ____...
I have to. It's like breathing. I need it, I carve it, I have to do it.
7. What is your favorite type of character to write about?
Characters which grow through life experience are my favorite, the ones who learn how to relate to themselves and their worlds in a whole new way when things look the darkest. We all have to grow and change with life circumstances, so these characters are the most real to me.
8. What is the sexiest scene you ever wrote?
In the novel I'm currently writing, the hero is trying to bake cookies as a surprise for his sister who has been very ill. He fails, and for some reason, the heroine finds this incredibly sexy and decides to seduce him against the glass French doors in the kitchen.
9. What advice would you give new authors in the erotica/romance field?
Write something every day, even if you don't think it will amount to the story you want to tell. You never know where a scene might fit.
10. What is next on your writerly horizon?
I'm finishing the next book in the 'Weddings by C & C' series and already have the characters for the next book telling me their story.

CONNECT WITH MIA & BUY LINKS:
Blog: Authors, Books & Chocolate: The True ABC's of Life  miaepsilon.blogspot.com
Face Book: MiaEwrites (Mia Epsilon Author)
Twitter: Mia Epsilon @MiaEpsilon
Breathless Press home page: www.breathlesspress.com: Mia Epsilon
http://www.breathlesspress.com/index.php?main_page=product_free_shipping_info&cPath=15&products_id=582&zenid=21617d34fb685eb3713c0c23496255b3
Amazon:
Amazon.com/author/miaepsilon: http://www.amazon.com/Mia-Epsilon/e/B00DQ61FRM
Good Reads: Mia Epsilon https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/14292463-mia-epsilon
Bookstrand: http://www.bookstrand.com/mia-epsilon
All Romance ebooks:
https://www.allromanceebooks.com/storeSearch.html


Author bio 
Mia Epsilon lives with her enduring soul mate hubby in the gorgeous Blue Ridge Appalachian Mountains of North Carolina, USA. She's an avid reader of almost anything but particularly romance, with too many favorite authors to name. Mia is a never-miss-an-episode viewer of Doctor Who and Sherlock, eagerly awaits each new season, and tends to binge watch both on Netflix with a couple of pots of tea and a plate of blueberry scones. She also happily suffers a coffee and chocolate addiction which causes her to visit her favorite chocolate store, The Chocolate Fetish an abnormally high amount of times.
She can most often be found at her computer, spinning new tales, or in a quiet padded nook with her e reader happily engrossed in a new story. Look for more books and favorite characters in the 'Weddings by C & C' line including, 'Wedding Belle Blues', 'Take a Chance on Me' and 'That Night'.


'Take a Chance on Me' Blurb:
Friends and lovers rarely mix well with co workers and embezzlement cases as Charlie and Christine are about to discover.
After a near fatal accident leads to one incredible night of amazing sex, Christine and Charlie take the leap from friends to lovers.
Christine has battled many demons in the last few years. Charlie has always been her confident and support. When Charlie refuses to answer emails or texts after an embezzling scheme arises at work, Christine must come to terms with not only losing a fabulous lover and her best friend but her job as well.
Charlie carries his own scars when it comes to women. Yet there's something about Christine which brings out his protective side and makes him hope for love he's wanted for years.
Christine and Charlie must work together to catch the thief before they can secure a love of a lifetime. Can they catch the embezzler before they lose not only their jobs and each other, but their lives as well?

 
Buy Link


Excerpt:

His silence seemed wrong. Guilt filled his expression and just as quickly it vanished, but she sensed his withdrawal. Christine shook her head. No. She didn't, couldn't doubt him after what they'd just done, what they were to each other. She trusted him as she'd never trusted any other person. Charlie threw an arm over his face, blocking her physically as well as emotionally. "Don't ask me about this."
Something inside her curled up and stopped breathing. Whatever he hid separated them more than the distance between their homes. "You said you believed in me. Did you mean it?" Anyone but Charlie could doubt her, anyone. He lay still, his chest heaving as she climbed from the bed and pulled on a robe. "Oh my God, you didn't."
"Of course I meant it." He sat up, his expression closed and professional, no emotion. "But there's a reason I didn't get placed on administrative leave too. I've been cleared. You haven't."
She took the blow as if he'd hit her. He never would, but this unexpected emotional punch hurt more. "How could you come here, touch me, enter me, whisper all those things if you think I'm a thief and a liar?"
"Making love with you has nothing to do with the corporation and never did." The edge to his voice, the hard bitterness, cut her like a knife. "Peg asked me not to discuss this case with anyone, especially you. She asked the same of you, didn't she, because our jobs are on the line?"
Peg, short for Margaret, Christine realized as numbness seeped through her, and the promotion. Oh God. "You two are old friends and she cleared you because you're the Golden Boy. I'm expendable. It doesn't even matter if I didn't steal the money; it's all about protecting the corporate image."
Charlie thrust a hand through his hair. "Stop before we both say something we regret. Just stop, Christine. Please."
Fury overrode all her common sense. "Have you only come here to see if I'll admit what you and the corporate heads think I've done. Some after sex pillow talk? Were you to search my house for missing money and forged orders while I slept exhausted from our bouts of sexual release? You're part of the corporation's rat patrol, their ultimate secret weapon with those sweet Hawaiian words. I bet they don't even translate like you said. They probably mean 'stupid fool' or 'trampy slut'."
"For God's sake, don't be ridiculous." He pounded a pillow flat. "I shouldn't even be here, but I couldn't stay away. Think whatever else you want, but the truth is you and I share something unique."
"We do? Really?" Christine couldn't believe anything anymore. He wouldn't say he believed her incapable of being a thief and hadn't come to investigate her. The fury, the fear, and the grief made her cruel. "So it's okay to fuck me like a whore as long as you get the promotion, and I take the fall."


1 comment:

Thanks for commenting!