Monday, November 2, 2015

Haunted Hotties Volume 1


1. How did you start writing erotic romance? On accident. I set out to write more traditional romances, which I still do, but discovered I have a knack for the spicier side of romance and I am more than okay with that!
2. Plotter or pantster? Pantsers for sure, I could not write an outline to save my soul! I like to have a general idea and some characters, then just like to see where the journey takes me. Keeps it fun for me!
3. What are three things you have on your writing desk? Confession time, I rarely write at a desk. I write on the couch, in bed, at the kitchen table, but rarely a desk. In fact my “writing” desk is actually an art desk and is usually covered in arts and crafts. As for three things always near me, well my dogs Charlie and Eowyn follow me wherever I am writing at the moment, coffee, tea or wine are usually pretty close as well.
4. Favorite food? Spaghetti for sure, it’s my go to comfort food.
5. Tell us a little about your new release. What character in the book really spoke to you? Possessed by Love is a light hearted m/m romance that has some rather interesting ghosts in it. The story is part of the Haunted Hotties Volume 1 anthology out on Torquere Press. It may be short, but it certainly is a steamy read about how a snow storm and some frisky ghosts help bring to men together. As for the character closest to my heart in this piece, I would have to say Andrew. He feels apart from most people, lonely and insecure. All things that I can relate to. But one night helps him break out of his shell and gain the confidence that had been lurking in him.
6. I write because I don’t know how not to. I have too many stories in my head and they are looking for a way to come out. Writing is cheaper than therapy I figure. lol
7. What is your favorite type of character to write about? Damaged and flawed characters. No one, not even fictional characters are perfect, and I like to show that in most of my characters. Sometimes a character overcoming themselves is their biggest challenge and I love that when writing them.
8. What is the sexiest scene you ever wrote? I had a Christmas story out a few years ago, which I hope to self-publish again one of these days, called Not So Silent Night. My leads, a witch and a shifter, well let’s just say they felt a connection almost immediately and acted on it, right on the work table of a flower shop. It was pretty steamy to say the least.
9. What advice would you give new authors in the erotica/romance field? Read a lot and write a lot. That is what will make you better. Know the market place. Know where your style of writing will fit.
10. What is next on your writerly horizon? I have a couple more stories submitted for anthologies and am working on two novels at the moment. I am also looking into starting my own publishing company next year with my fiancé. Lots of exciting things to come!


Social and buy links
Buy links:



Author bio:
Sheri Velarde, lives in New Mexico with her fiancé and their two dogs.
Being an avid reader since an early age, she has wanted to be a writer for as long as she can remember. She has been writing all her life, but only recently started to actually try to pursue her dream of writing for a living. She specializes in all things paranormal and that go bump in the night. Her heart truly lies in exploring unknown worlds or adding the supernatural to our world. If it goes bump in the night or has magical connotations, Sheri writes about it.
She is constantly putting out new material with various publishers, so it is best to keep up with her on her website www.sherivelarde.weebly.com.
In her spare time Sheri is an artist, jewelry designer, independent comic writer/artist and freelance non-fiction writer. Hiking in the mountains, going to live concerts, art openings, museums, and hosting intimate dinner parties.


Blurb:
Andrew faced the growing storm with animosity. He would be trapped in his shop for a couple of days with no food or electricity. Hopefully he could at least get food at the Church Street Café. Food he did find and so much more once Damian, the owner of the café, asks him to ride out the storm with him in the quarters above the restaurant. Generators, food and warmth aside, Andrew has spent months wishing for such an invitation from the mysterious and sexy Damian. What starts out as light flirtation turns into so much more. Something comes over both men, letting them leave their insecurities behind as they become possessed by passion and love.

Excerpt:

The door opened and a rush of warm air enveloped and light him. Andrew sighed in relief, stepping inside. Looking around and seeing no one, he called out, "Hello. Are you open?" His voice echoed slightly in the strange quiet that had befallen the entire city, especially the usually busy tourist section where he worked and practically lived, trying to make his designs successful. Venturing farther into the restaurant, heading towards the kitchen in back, he figured it would always be possible to take some food and leave money. As he pushed the kitchen door open, he called out again, "Is anyone here?" It was strange that the lights were on and the place was so warm when the rest of the square was dark and cold, it left him feeling a bit uneasy.
Suddenly something moved behind him. Andrew turned quickly but no one was there. The entire dining area was open and he didn't see a soul, yet he was sure he had felt someone right behind him only a moment before. A chill ran down his spine, even though the room was warm from several fires burning. A little scared, he warily continued into the kitchen.
"Hello?" Still no answer, so he proceeded to look for food. Upon finding some takeout supplies, Andrew began to fill them with posole and chili, figuring he could warm them on the wood stove back in his store in some old pot or something should he be stuck longer than expected. “Always be prepared.” He mumbled to himself, chuckling as he remembered his brief stint and disastrous stint in the boy scouts where he learned that motto.
Just as he was packing up to leave, wondering why all the food was there and still warm without a person in sight, he heard a deep, sexy, masculine voice behind him. "Can I help you with something, Andrew?"

Andrew shrieked like a boy as he turned around. "Damian, you nearly scared me to death. I called out over and over with no answer." Andrew’s heart rate kicked up a notch, as it always did when he was in the presence of the new café owner. The man was so damn good-looking; he always reminded him of Benjamin Bratt: tall, dark, and handsome, but with a Spanish accent. He was just too hot for him to handle, and he usually stammered inanely, making a fool of himself in the other man’s presence.


1 comment:

Thanks for commenting!