Monday, January 5, 2015

Breathless Monday: Scarlett Legacy


Welcome to Breathless Monday and I am very excited to see a naughty tale of Red Riding Hood on the blog today. There's just something about a girl in red...sigh...I can't wait to read it. So without further ado here is the lovely Shelli Rosewarne.

1. How did you start writing erotic romance?
I love romance as a genre, the character and relationship development is fascinating to me - plus I'm a sucker for a happy ending! As to the erotic side... well, that's all down to my characters, I've given up on asking them to behave :)
2. Plotter or pantster?
Complete pantster! I always admire those writers who have everything beautifully planned out and know what is going to happen and when, but I've never been able to pull that off. My characters take me on a journey with them, and I'm usually just as surprised as they are as to how things work out. Still, that's a huge part of the fun for me.
3. What are three things you have on your writing desk?
I tend to write anywhere and everywhere, so it's not always a desk! Still, my writing essentials tend to be; Diet Coke, can't function without my caffeine fix, background music or tv, I don't like it to be too quiet, and of course my laptop - with optional furry helper walking across it!
4. Favorite food?
I have a terrible sweet tooth, so anything cake or chocolate related tends to do it for me.
5. Tell us a little about your new release. What character in the book really spoke to you?
My new release is inspired by the Little Red Riding Hood fairytale, but set in the modern day and with a completely different twist to it. I have a total soft spot for my hero, Damian. He's such a strong, alpha male character, but at the same time he's a little bit lost and has that slightly vulnerable side. At the same time though, even though I love him he was one of the harder characters I've had to write, dragging the thoughts and emotions out of him was seriously hard work at times!
6. I write because I couldn't not do. The voices in my head would drive me crazy!
7. What is your favorite type of character to write about?
I'm quite a big fan of the 'anti-hero' (Loki, anyone?) so a lot of my guys tend to have a bit of the dark and tortured feel to them. I'm also terrible for wanting to redeem my villains - whether it's always possible we'll have to see!
8. What is the sexiest scene you ever wrote?
Ooh, I don't know if I could pick just one. There's a few in this book that made me a little hot under the collar, and that I'm going to be blushing a bit when I think about my parents reading them!
9. What advice would you give new authors in the erotica/romance field?
I think the best advice for any new authors is just to write. There's always going to be people telling you it's silly, there's always going to reasons not to and other things to do, there's always going to be that little voice in your head wondering whether it's good enough. If it's really what you want to do though then you need to push through. Also, don't let anyone make you feel bad about writing romance or erotica, there are sadly some rather small-minded people out there but you should always write what you love.
10. What is next on your writerly horizon?
Well, Scarlett Legacy is the first in a new series, so I'm currently on with the next two books. There are more wolves coming!


Social and buy links
Social links:
Twitter - @shellirosewarne
 Buy Link

Bio:
Shelli Rosewarne had always had a dream in the back of her head about wanting to be a writer. However, like with so many things, life and paying the bills got in the way and she worked in various jobs from call centers to shops to offices. She eventually realized that life is too short not to try and follow your dreams, and has since had two stand alone novellas published with Breathless Press, along with several submissions in anthologies, and various works in progress in the pipeline. Yup, she's having to pinch herself as well! She's currently lucky enough to live in Edinburgh, where she can be constantly inspired by Scottish folklore and see castles every day. When not writing she loves reading, music and photography.




Blurb:
Who’s afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?

When Natalia rents a holiday cottage she is looking for peace and quiet, a place to reassess her life and recover from her failed relationship. Instead she finds a man who turns her world upside down.

However, people and things are not as they seem, and Natalia begins to find that legends are real and fairy tales have a basis in reality. As she grows closer to the enigmatic Damian she finds herself tested as danger and passion go in hand in hand, and everything she thought she knew about the world will be questioned.  

After years of waiting Damian had given up hope that he would ever find his destined mate, and he certainly never expected her to be a sassy American who has no idea that his world even exists. Can he convince Natalia to believe in the impossible, and more importantly, can he protect her from those who seek to destroy his people.


Excerpt:
Natalia eyed the shining water with fresh appreciation. She had to admit it would be nice to do something to take her mind away from all the crap.
"I didn't bring a suit," she murmured, a bit regretfully.
His grin turned wicked. "You don't need one. There's no one around."
She glared at him. "You're around!"
"I won't look." His eyes were teasing.
Yeah, right! She snorted. "I don't believe you!"
"Okay, how about this. I may look, but I promise I won't touch. Unless you ask me to, of course."
Natalia burst out laughing, surprising herself. Ten minutes ago, she'd been sobbing her eyes out.
His gaze softened. "Come on, you could do with it."
The water did look calm, she thought as she eyed it up. "You're sure it's safe for swimming?"
"Sure, I used to come here as a kid."
She shot him a quick glance at that. It was hard to imagine him as an innocent child. He grinned back at her as though he knew exactly what she thinking—which, quite frankly, shouldn't surprise her after today, but she wasn't going to go there right now.
"Look, if you're that bothered leave your underwear on. It's such a warm day you'll dry out afterward."
Really, it wasn't much different than a bikini, was it? She found herself nodding before she thought better of it and he reached a hand down to tug her to her feet. A half smile tugged at her lips. It might be a bit old-fashioned, but she liked the little gestures he made like that. Then he pulled his shirt over his head and she stopped breathing.
His body was like something out of a magazine, or like the Greek statues at the museums she'd been to for tedious fundraisers. Bronzed skin covered sculpted muscles with a dusting of hair leading down into his pants—which, oh Christ, were coming off as well! She closed her eyes a moment, and then couldn't help herself and had to peek. So much for wondering whether he was going to keep on his underwear as he wasn't wearing any. He seemed completely comfortable in his nakedness, and when he bent over to neatly place his clothes on the rock she had to clench her hands to restrain from reaching out to that tight ass. Jeez, you could market that! He turned back to meet her gaze and her cheeks flamed at the knowing amusement in his eyes. Before her fuddled brain could even start to think of something to say, he leaned forward and brushed a quick, hard kiss across her lips.
"Don't worry. You have the exact same effect on me," he whispered to her and then stepped back. "See you in there," he told her with a grin, before turning and jumping off the rock straight into the shining water.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!