Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Ribbon of Darkness


Blurb

An old family secret draws Ribbon into an Elven world while Draven is forced to find a way to drag her back home to save Christmas magic.

Before Ribbon had a chance to get used to the idea of being an elf, she ran into Draven who's body jingled her bells. Unfortunately, he's the spy sent to haul her and her family back to the North Pole on Santa's orders.

Draven North has had one task for the last twenty-four years: find the Winters family and bring them home. He wasn't expecting their only daughter to deck his halls. No matter how hot and sassy he found his roguess, he had to take her back before the darkness devoured the Pole and Christmas magic along with it. But was it already too late?

Links

FB page:  https://www.facebook.com/DecadentKane

Twitter: @DecadentKane

Buy: http://www.breathlesspress.com/index.php?main_page=product_free_shipping_info&cPath=10&products_id=513




1.How did you start writing erotic romance? Honestly it was a dare and then here I am- dare turned book.
2. Plotter or pantster? A little of both though I think I lean toward a pantser side…
3. What are three things you have on your writing desk? A book by Kresley Cole, several pens, and Jolly ranchers.
4. Favorite food? Strawberries.
5. Tell us a little about your new release. What character in the book really spoke to you? My new release is a fun adventure into my elven world where elves age at a very slow pace and Christmas magic is based off them in order to survive. The character that spoke to me most was Draven, my leading elf man. (Or perhaps he just spoke to my libido *grins*)
6. I write because ____...
Writing is not a want, it's a need. A burning from within that takes my breath away at the best of times and crushes my soul at the worst. It's both masochist and sadist.
Blank pages call to me and drive me crazy.
I need to see words written down in my handwriting. I need to create characters, worlds, plots, ideas, dialogue. My fingers pull the fiction from my essence and leave me spent on the page…

It's almost better than an orgasm.

I write for me, for fun, to entertain, to play.

It's engraved in my heart.


I write because it's a part of who I am, something I can't turn away. A feeling of fulfillment and loss all wrapped up in pens and pages. Never neatly and always beckoning.

 7. What is your favorite type of character to write about? I like saucy women- strong but can be swept off their feet.

8. What is the sexiest scene you ever wrote? Sexiest scene I ever wrote to date is at the end of my next book Tempting Clover. *winks*

9. What advice would you give new authors in the erotica/romance field? Just because it has sex in it- does not make it erotic. Explore the tension between the characters, then you'll find the erotica.

10. What is next on your writerly horizon? I have book 2 in the trouble with elves stand alone series coming at the end of January and I'm currently revising 2 new stories to submit to my editor.

Excerpt:

"Ribbon, sweetie, take a deep breath. I can assure you this is real. I'm sorry; I should have told you sooner."
"Damn right you should have. Look at me!" Ribbon threw her hands up.
"Will you please lower your voice? Yelling won't change what has happened. It won't fix it."
"Then maybe going back to bed will. I'll wake up and this will all be some oddity I can't quite remember and—"
"Ribbon Lee Winters!"
Ribbon snapped to attention. "It's real, isn't it?"
Her mother's eyes softened. "Please listen to what I should have told you a long time ago."
Ribbon listened as her mother told her about the North Pole, about the magic that keeps elves from aging, and how magic dies over time in the human world. There was a lot to take in, a lot she wasn't sure she could even believe. Ribbon kept staring at her mother's ears. They really did look just the same as hers.
"And of course, one last thing, sweetheart. That man you bumped into yesterday at the shop—"
"Draven."
"Yes, Draven North. He's a spy for Mr. Claus. I fear he's found us out."
Ribbon put a hand to her mouth. She was a rogue Christmas elf fantasizing about having hot sex with Santa's spy.

Author Links and Bio:


Twitter: https://twitter.com/DecadentKane
Blog: http://decadentkane.blogspot.com/
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/23398789-decadent-kane
Newsletter: https://www.facebook.com/DecadentKane/app_100265896690345
Buy Ribbon of Darkness:

BIO:

I write because it's a part of who I am, something I can't turn away. A feeling of fulfillment and loss all wrapped up in pens and pages. Never neatly and always beckoning.


Writing erotic tales...

     If I had to describe myself, it would be in a word that has infinite meanings with a complexity which falls off the tongue.
     A word made up of many elements, is deceptive in appearance, and creates an illusion from the imagination.
                          My word would be Phantasmagoric.



4 comments:

Thanks for commenting!