Friday, December 6, 2013

Saving Holiday by Lisa A. Adams


Buy link


Blurb

Holiday "Holly" Thomas has never been able to live down her name or the mistakes she's made in her past.  Desperate to start over, she moves to Barbeque Creek to open up a new quilt shop and begin a new life.
When Officer Jackson Duggan entered Sew Amazinglooking for the perfect present for his mother, he never thought he would find a gift waiting just for him, but Jackson's not ready to move on from the love they shared in the past.
With Holly sprinting toward her future and Jackson clinging to the past, will the pair be able to stop long enough to enjoy the present? Or will a threat neither of them saw coming ruin the opportunity before they even get a chance?


Excerpt

Holly's nerves seemed to thaw and she lifted her glass again. "To new beginnings?"
"Now that, I can drink to."
The time passed with light conversation and several more drinks. Holly found herself drawn in by Jackson. His mouth was tantalizing and his words tingled deep within her belly. Aching to be closer to him, she leaned across the table. When she rested her hands on the table and he began stroking her the ends of her fingertips, pleasure coursed through her as their hands touched and mingled on the table top.
Holly saw the return of the confident, charming man that she really wanted to be with. He was gorgeous with his trimmed haircut, Panther jersey, and those eyes that seemed to burn intoher. They had changed from the brooding puppy dog to a sexy,seductive male who drew her in with every word and caress of her skin.
Holly glanced at the plates. One cheese stick and one wing left. "I'll let you have the wing, if I can finish this," she said, pointing to the cheese stick.
"Deal." He picked up the wing and gnawed on it, leaving a smear of sauce from his lip to his cheek.
Holly giggled. She stood as much as she could behind the booth and leaned further across the table. Grabbing his chin and turning it slightly to the right, she kissed the streak of barbeque sauce then moved across to the edge of his lips and gave a gentle kiss again.
He turned to her and kissed her back, gently at first, and then harder and more passionately. He stretched towards her, pushing into her mouth and gripping her face between his hands.



How did you start writing erotic romance?
·         I started writing romance about four years ago. I kept it light with sweet tales and nothing more than heat level two or maybe three. There was a call for submissions for an anthology that required a heat level of at least a four. I had decided not to write for it, but as the deadline drew closer, a story began forming in my mind. That story was my first ever erotic romance. It was extremely out of my comfort zone, but I gained a world of experience from it. I grew as a writer, and I will never regret writing it.

Plotter or pantser?

·         When I first started writing, I was a pure pantser.  Some of those first stories were quite literally, the hardest I ever wrote and were all over the page. Now, I do an extremely loose outline. I break my story apart by chapters and scenes and add no more than a line or two per scene to get me going in the right direction. Often as I'm writing, the idea changes somewhere in the middle, and I let myself go with it. As long as I have a destination in mind, I know it will be much more coherent.

What are three things you have on your writing desk?
·         Pens and paper are always present and are never used for writing books but more for writing notes to my children's schools or copying down codes and things. A coffee mug is essential and is there all the time, hopefully not empty. The last thing that seems to be always on my desk is a plethora of papers. Finely colored drawings from my daughter, receipts, junk mail, and the list keeps growing and growing. 

Favorite food?
·         Alice Springs Chicken at Outback Steakhouse. But, in my own house, I am a trail mix snacker. Karr's nut and chocolate trail mix is my favorite!

Tell us a little about your new release. What character in the book really spoke to you?

·         "Saving Holiday" is my first romantic suspense novella and was really an amazing experience. Though the story starts off in our hero's point of view. Holiday, Holly for short, was really my inspiration. When I started hearing her whisper in my mind, I knew this was a story that had to be told. Holly is running from her past and trying to move forward with her life. But, her past is an incredible story and when it finally catches up to her, it stops her dead in her tracks.

I write because ____...
·         because I truly enjoy the creative process. Finding these knew people, putting them in unexpected situations, and watching the results play out in my mind is reward in itself. Getting to share those stories with people is just icing on the proverbial cake.

What is your favorite type of character to write about?
·         I absolutely LOVE to write head strong, independent women who know exactly what they want. I've gotten rejections before from publishers that said that my heroine was too strong and my heroes were too weak. It's hard to write Beta males and alpha females, when so many women want to read about a Strong male lead that will sweep some woman of her meek little feet. My Ancient Rome series "Caledonia's Captives" has a ton of very strong female characters. Through hours of editing and the help of an amazing editor, I've learned how to balance both alpha male and alpha females. Their compromises often to lead to plot turning events. 


What is the sexiest scene you ever wrote?
·         You can always include an erotic orgy to this list like in my erotic romance "The Initiate." But, I honestly have to say that the sexiest scene I ever wrote was a sensual massage scene in a new adult book I wrote. My skin was tingling after writing that scene and I received several blushing compliments from my beta readers about the scene. It was incredibly sexy.

What advice would you give new authors in the erotica/romance field?
·         There was a debate on facebook earlier this summer that I was lucky enough to take part in. That debate led me to post to my blog and I'd like to share a bit of that here. I have friends that write romance that I keep in touch with frequently. We all have the same belief. "My kink may not be your kink and that's fine." Some of my friends write nothing but heat level five and that is there writing style. They are amazing authors and I absolutely love reading their books. However, I also have friends that write only sensual romance with closed door sex and lots of emotional development. They too are amazing authors and do very well with their own writing style. My advice to new romance authors? Write what you are comfortable with first, then spread your wings if you like. There are buyers for all levels of heat. You don't have to write them all.

What is next on your writerly horizon?
·         I have two other short stories that have already been accepted for anthologies that I will be editing at the beginning of the year. As far as my next stand-alone piece, I'm completing the third and final instalment to my Ancient Rome series and hope to have it subbed to my publisher by the end of January. 

Thanks for inviting me today. I've really had a great time visiting with you and your readers. If you'd like to know more about my published works, have a question about publishing or the writing process, or anything else, I'd love to hear from you.

You can contact me on FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisaadams.writer
On twitter @LisaAdamsWriter
Lisa A. Adams writes from a little plot of country, tucked away in the North Carolina Sandhills.
When she’s not writing, Lisa can be found in her sewing room, in a classroom, or at a local soccer field. Hundreds of stories have been sketched out and are simply awaiting their place in line. When asked about her family, Lisa will be the first to tell you that they have been the backbone of not only her writing career, but anything she chooses to pursue as well. She has been married to her husband for over ten years, has five wonderful children, and two very spoiled cats.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!