Gregory Tamblin is a powerful man. He is used to women coming his way with just a crook of his finger. When he meets a sexy masked red-head, he finds himself at a loss when she neither drops at his feet, nor forces her number on him. She is a masked thief and he worries that she has stolen his heart with only a heated kiss.
Jane Perault is a sensible woman who works hard and comes home to her fat cat, Chester. She tried love and found men to be selfish and a pain in the backside. She never imagined that she would be claimed by a tall dark stranger when she agreed to go to the masquerade ball with her friend. Nor did she expect him to track her down and begin wooing her like a madman afterwards. He's rich, and successful, and completely out of her league, but she is oh, so tempted by the man she finds behind the mask.
Elliot led them to a table on the other side of the room and pulled out their chairs. "If you ladies will wait here, I'll be right back with some drinks. What would you like?"
"To go home."
"Punch will do." Lizzie shot her a narrowed look. "Ignore her; she's in a delicate way."
"Oh, be right back." He left and Jane took the opportunity to snap at her friend.
"You didn't just tell him I'm pregnant!" Lizzie was laughing too hard to defend herself.
"Come on, Jane, relax a little. Let down those walls of icy cynicism that you use to keep everyone away." Lizzie tucked the stubborn curl back behind her ear. "Eat, drink, and flirt a little."
"I don't keep people away," she said, a little hurt her oldest and dearest friend would say such a thing.
"You do so. Look at you. I'd give anything to have your boobs. Cut my hair and put me in a pair of jeans and I could pass for a boy, but you would still be a woman in a potato sack! Yet, do you use those ta tas to catch a man? Nope. Most men who know you are too scared of you to try anything romantic. It's a waste."
"I shouldn't have to use my boobs to catch a man's attention." Jane stilled as Lizzie looked over her head.
"Speaking as a man, they sometimes help." The husky voice held an over-abundance of amusement. Jane cringed while Lizzie grinned.
1. How did you start writing erotic romance? I love romance stories. I can remember reading paperbacks and thinking how wonderful the character's lives were.
2. Plotter or pantster? Pantster, if you mean I fly by the seat of my pants. My characters help decide the direction of my stories.
3. What are three things you have on your writing desk? A glass lamp, a printer, my favorite pen, and a container of chocolate cookies. Yes, it's true. *hangs head in shame*
4. Favorite food? Read above. I have a sweet tooth that is inherited.
5. Tell us a little about your new release. What character in the book really spoke to you? Behind the Masks is a Flirt from Breathless Press. It is about a shy woman who is pushed into going to a masquerade ball by her best friend. While there she meets a hunk in his own mask. Free to be someone she normally isn't, Jane learns that behind her mask lurks a seductress with a taste for tall, dark, and dangerous.
6. I write because ____... I love spinning tales of struggles and success between men and women.
7. What is your favorite type of character to write about? I like writing about feisty heroines who aren't afraid to take on the alpha male.
8. What is the sexiest scene you ever wrote? The hot tub scene with Jane in Behind the Masks is pretty steamy and fun.
9. What advice would you give new authors in the erotica/romance field? Never leave your reader hanging. That drives me crazy when the story just ends before the HEA part.
10. What is next on your writerly horizon? I'm working on a couple submissions. One is the third flirt involving characters from Behind the Mask and the soon to be released, Boss's Orders. If you like Behind the Masks, you won't want to miss what happens next with Jane's pushy friend, Lizzie.
About the author:
Kelliea Ashley lives near the Canadian Border in upstate New York with her husband, a cat named Copperkitty, a dog named Sammy, and several fish, who do not have names and are very lucky her husband feeds them.
Kelliea grew up an only child with a devoted single mother. She looked at books as companions and writing as a favorite escape. She has always been a bookworm who steadfastly refused to give up her paperbacks until her loving hubby bought her a Kindle for Christmas. Secretly she still adores the smell of a well-read book, but sh... don't tell her husband.
She has a habit in the form of chocolate and loves a glass of sweet red wine. Romance has always been her favorite genre because she sees the miracle and magic in finding ones' true love.
Kelliea has several other titles published by Breathless Press. They are for sale on Breathless Press's website, Amazon, Bookstrand, and Goodreads. Kelliea Ashley can be contacted at the links below.
Kelliea's Quips at http://kellieaashley.wordpress.com/
Facebook Author Page- http://www.facebook.com/kellieaashley2
Happy 5th Birthday Breathless Press!!
In August, Breathless Press is turning 5! To celebrate we are releasing a limited edition Hardcover collection of our special birthday Wonderland Tales and to make sure that you're able to indulge in a little birthday fun, we are also having a month long 50% off sale across our site (www.breathlesspress.com).
Wonderland Tales HC Buy Link
Finally, 3 lucky winners could win prizes in our birthday giveaway through Rafflecopter!
5th Birthday Rafflecopter Giveaway
1st Prize: 1 x Limited Edition Hardcover copy of our birthda Wonderland Tales, a $20 Amazon GC and a $5 Breathless Press GC.
2nd Prize: Paperback print edition of our birthday Wonderland Tales, a $10 Amazon GC and a $5 Breathless Press GC
3rd Prize: A paperback print edition of our birthday Wonderland Tales, a $5 Amazon GC and a $3 Breathless Press GC