Monday, October 12, 2015

Number 69


NUMBER 69
by
Casey Sheridan

Blurb
A matchmaking party was not Melodie's idea of fun, and wearing vibrating panties was just plain weird. Or was it?

Should she go to the party? After all, she just might meet Mr. Right. And if he doesn't show, she has the vibrating panties to keep things interesting.

Buy links

All Funds to Charity in October
The 16th of October is National Feral Cat Day. It was started by Alley Cat Allies (alleycat.org) fifteen years ago.

As someone who helps care for feral/community cats, I've always wanted to do more for them, so this year I'm celebrating #NationalFeralCatDay all month long.

How am I going to help all those four-legged, furry kitty-cats? All royalties from the sale of any of my books during the month (Oct 1-31, 2015) will be donated to Alley Cat Allies to help with their Trap-Neuter-Release program, a program that helps feral cats lead healthier lives and it's a humane way of controlling population.

You can learn more about feral cats and Trap-Neuter-Release on Alley Cat Allies website at alleycat.org. And, please, don't forget, the cats (and dogs) at your local animal shelter would love to have you volunteer.



Bio
Like most authors, Casey Sheridan began writing when she was very young. It was later in life when she read her first piece of erotica and it was on a dare that she wrote her first erotic story.

Casey enjoys writing steamy fiction that is sensual, erotic, and fun with unique storylines.

An introvert and lover of chocolate, Casey is happiest when writing. She enjoys spending time with close friends, listening to music, watching movies, and reading. She loves animals and volunteers to care for a local feral/community kitty pals.

Add your name to Casey's mailing list to be kept up to date on her latest news and releases: http://eepurl.com/bacS9D

Find her on the Web:

Excerpt
"I wonder what this is," Melodie said as she bent and picked up a cream-colored vellum envelope with her name and address written across the front in elegant calligraphy.
She followed her cat, Cecil, as he silently padded across the ceramic tile floor into the sun-filled kitchen. The orange tabby jumped onto one of the cushioned stools where he made himself comfortable, then peered with bright green eyes over the edge of the tabletop. Melodie set yesterday’s mail on the tall bistro-style table except for the mysterious envelope.
It looked like an invitation. She raised a brow and turned the envelope over. No return address anywhere. Before she could open the envelope, a loud and persistent knock sounded at her back door.
It had to be Trudy. No one else would knock so vehemently at this early hour on a Saturday morning. Melodie rolled her eyes and opened door.
Trudy whirled into the room like a pint-sized tornado, causing Cecil to jump from the stool and run down the hall.
"What’s up with him?" Trudy asked as the cat disappeared around a corner.
Melodie smiled at her friend’s lack of self-awareness. "He’s running for cover." Trudy gave her a puzzled look, shrugged, and took the seat vacated by Cecil. She placed her elbows on the table and rested her chin in her hands, eyeing the envelope Melodie held. "So, get anything interesting in the mail?"
Melodie’s stomach knotted. She had been friends with Trudy for a long, long time. Long enough to recognize the knot of dread in her stomach meant that Trudy was up to something.
She narrowed her eyes. "Why yes, as a matter of fact, I did." She dangled the envelope before her friend’s face. "Would you care to explain what this is before I open it?"
Trudy sat ramrod straight trying to act indignant. "No. I have no idea what you’re talking about."
"Uh-huh. That’s a crock of shit. I can't even imagine what you're getting me into."
Melodie tore the envelope open and pulled out the card. Her eyes widened as she read the elegant script lettering. "It’s an invitation to a party being held in the Diamond Room at the Crystal Hotel."
Trudy squealed and clasped her hands together. "How exciting! The Crystal Hotel? How fancy. You’ll need to buy a new dress. You can’t go to a party at an upscale hotel in one of those house mouse dresses you wear that hangs down to your ankles."
Melodie set the invitation on the table and drummed her fingers on the crisp paper, her back straight and rigid as she glared at her friend. "What is that remark supposed to mean?"
Trudy shrugged nonchalantly. "You know what it means. You wear long, billowy skirts or polyester pants and shirts buttoned up to your chin. Just because you work in a library doesn’t mean you have to look like my great-aunt Gertrude."
Melodie gasped. "What? I do not look like your great-aunt!"
Trudy laughed and reclined in her chair. "Oh please! You’re getting there, Melodie. Right down to the cotton granny panties, antique-looking support bra, and orthopedic shoes. You even wear your hair in a bun!"
Melodie squared her shoulders and lifted her chin. "I don’t wear orthopedic shoes. I dress practical, that’s all. I need to because I deal with the public and sometimes with children. I’m a librarian, and I’m expected to look like one."
"I’m sorry, Melodie. I don’t mean to hurt your feelings, but a person can be sexy and sensible. You’re just sensible. You have the potential to be sexy, but you squash it. I don’t understand why. Besides, you’re going to want to be sexy for this party. Trust me."
Melodie picked up the invitation and read it again before turning to her friend. "So you're saying I’m going to want to dress sexy for this party, huh? Tell me the truth, Trudy. What do you know about this invitation?"
Trudy folded her hands on the table in front of her, looking down at them to avoid Melodie’s gaze. "I don’t know what you’re talking about. What makes you think I know anything about it?"
Melodie perched on the edge of a stool, slid the card across the table closer to Trudy, and tapped the invitation. "You gave yourself away not two seconds ago. I’m supposed to trust you, remember? I can’t trust you if you’re going to lie." She pointed at the last line of script. "It says here to RSVP by the ninth, so I can be sure to receive my ‘vibrating panties’ in time for the party."
At least Trudy had the decency to look guilty.
"Vibrating panties? What have you done? You had better tell me the truth this time, Trudy."
Her friend slumped and sighed in resignation. "Well, you know Stephanie? About a year ago, she met this super great guy. He’s some kind of engineer or something. Anyway, she met him at one of these parties. They hit it off right away and have been seeing one another pretty seriously ever since."
"Okay. So? What am I doing with an invitation? What do Stephanie and her man have to do with me?"
"The party is only held once a year. It’s very exclusive and for singles only. You get a referral from someone who has been to one of the parties. Soon after, you get an application. If you pass their qualifications and check out okay, then you get an invitation. If you don’t pass, you don’t get invited."
Melodie narrowed her eyes and again drummed her fingers on the table. "I’ve never heard of this party, and I know I didn’t fill out any application."
Trudy started to fidget in her seat and wring her hands. "You got a referral from Stephanie, and I filled out the application for you."
"I knew it!" Melodie shot off her chair. "I knew you had something to do with this. Why? Why did you do this? Why are you always doing this to me? What have I ever done to you? Vibrating panties, of all things. What kind of party is this?"
Trudy cringed. "Well..."
"That bad? Is it that bad? What have you gotten me into?"
"Melodie, please! It’s not bad. I promise. I did this with the best of intentions."
Melodie shook her head and rolled her eyes as she folded her arms across her chest. "I’m not going to any party with vibrating panties. That’s just plain weird."
"I’m sorry I did this without asking you first or telling you about it, but I knew you would act this way."
"Humph! How else would I act? Vibrating panties! I don’t understand why you did this."
Trudy took a deep breath then let it out in a rush. "I worry about you. You haven’t been out with a man since-since Paul! I know he hurt you, but you’ve had so much time to get over him. All you do is work and read those damn romance novels." Trudy’s gaze raked over Melodie, and her lip curled. "Besides, right now you’re dressed exactly like my grandmother. No man is going to find that attractive unless he’s eighty. You need help, a little boost in your self-confidence, and this party will do just that. It’ll be fun."
Melodie’s arms fell to her sides, her jaw dropping open. "What do you mean I’m dressed like your grandmother? I am not!"
"Oh really?" Trudy hopped off her stool, strode around the table, and grabbed Melodie gruffly by the hand. She pulled her through the house like a mother with a naughty child.
They entered the brightly lit master bath. Trudy placed her before the full-length mirror and stood behind her. "Meet Grandma."
Melodie’s green eyes stared at her reflection. Slouching white socks and purple fuzzy slippers covered her feet. She wore dark-green flannel pants that fell to mid calf, no makeup, her dark auburn hair in rollers, and a floral housecoat.
She brought her fingers to her lips. "Oh, dear God. You’re right. I’m my grandmother."
"First things first. This is your Saturday off, right?" At Melodie’s nod, Trudy continued. "We’ll go shopping. Buy some new sexy things."
"I can’t dress like that for work. What will Mr. Grimes say?"
Trudy stepped closer and captured Melodie’s gaze in the mirror. "You don’t have to dress like a grandmother for work either. Besides, Tad Grimes is a nice-looking, single man. What can he say? It wouldn’t hurt to attract his attention."
Melodie took a deep breath, her eyebrows arching up. "I’m not so sure I want to attract any more of his attention."
"Why not? He’s a hottie and charming. He has a cute ass too."
She gave her friend a skeptical look. "I guess."
She had to admit Trudy was right about Mr. Grimes. He was a nice-looking man, but he gave her the creeps, but then again, maybe she was just being oversensitive.
"Look, Melodie. We’ll start by buying you new underwear. If you wear sexy things, you’ll feel like a sexy thing." Trudy pressed herself against Melodie’s back, reached around and cupped Melodie’s large, unbound breasts. "If I had tits this gorgeous, I’d walk around topless. Now get dressed so we can get started. I’m buying breakfast."



1. How did you start writing erotic romance?
Casey: I love to write erotica and read romance, so it seemed natural to combine the two.
2. Plotter or pantster?
Casey: I'm a little bit of both. Although, with my work-in-progress I'm doing more plotting than I usually do.
3. What are three things you have on your writing desk?
Casey: My laptop, a bottle of water, and my mouse.
4. Favorite food?
Casey: Chocolate! Is there another food?
5. Tell us a little about your new release. What character in the book really spoke to you?
Casey: Number  69 is about Melodie, a straight-laced librarian, that receives an exclusive invitation to a match making party with vibrating panties as required attire.
I would have to say that Melodie spoke to me the most. She's unsure about herself and tends to take the safe way in going about things. But once her mind is made up, look out! She's a force to be dealt with.
6. I write because ____... I'm compelled to. I enjoy the challenge.
7. What is your favorite type of character to write about?
Casey: I like characters that are funny and/or goofy, whether it's done on purpose, or just their personalities. Characters that laugh and poke fun at themselves, but also ones that are strong and intelligent.
8. What is the sexiest scene you ever wrote?
Casey: I would have to say the scene in Number 69 where Melodie literally bumps into a man at the match making party.
9. What advice would you give new authors in the erotica/romance field?
Casey: Read! Not just erotic romance, but other genres too. Whether it's romance or suspense or whatever, read.
10. What is next on your writerly horizon?
Casey: I'm hoping to find the time to finish Secret Inspiration, an erotic suspense with romance about a woman that writes erotica under a pen name, falls for a guitar player from a heavy metal band, and is being blackmailed. And I'd like to get Ruby Red Metallic re-published.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!