Happy Monday! Here we are for our next naughty interview with the amazing Raven McAllan. Domination. Earls in tight pants. Well...there you go.
1. How did you start writing erotic romance? I have no idea. I just wrote, and this was the result. I was as surprised as anyone, that my voice is as it is. The first book Wallflowers Don't Wilt was written as a dare by my crit group UCW.
2. Plotter or pantster? Definitely a pantster… sometimes… I now do plot as well. It depends on my mood, my muse's mood, and if I have chocolate.
3. What are three things you have on your writing desk? I don't have a writing desk. J I can (and do) write anywhere I can take my laptop. My desk at this moment is my knee, so I have a hippy skirt on it.
4. Favorite food? Anything gluten free these days, (as long as it's not cheese). Well okay let's say chocolate and champagne.
5. Tell us a little about your new release. What character in the book really spoke to you? Dominated by the Earl, A Regency romance, is a rereleased version of A Matter of Faith. I totally got the title wrong the first time around. Faith is the daughter of my heroine, Leonora. Leonora and my hero Justin really have to work hard at a HEA, and I had such fun helping them. Faith made me giggle, and Nora was so determined she'd get a happy life for all of them. Justin is definitely a dominant man shivers in a good way and he was a joy to write about.
6. I write because ____... I'd go crazy if I didn't. All these characters in my head shouting, "me, me."
7. What is your favorite type of character to write about? Someone with a sense of humor.
8. What is the sexiest scene you ever wrote? I have no idea. I write and say, oh that's not really hot or sexy, and someone will say it is you know. Maybe you'd better ask anyone who reads my books that question.
9. What advice would you give new authors in the erotica/romance field? Research wink. That apart, remember, if you're uncomfortable writing something, it will show.
10. What is next on your writerly horizon? Well I keep saying I'm going to slow down, but I seem to have a must write list that just gets longer. I have several series to continue (Diomhair, Dommissimma, Miss Simpkins, The Wolfes of Kinfoyle—Jacob Wolfe is definitely an Alpha male) and a couple to start…One about a travel agency with a difference, and one about a Regency family. Then there's all the other one offs that sneak into the queue when I'm not looking.
Social You can find out all about me, and how to contact me on, www.ravenmcallan.com
Well what can I say?
I'm growing old disgracefully and loving it.
Dh and I live on the edge of a Scottish forest, and rattle around in a house much too big for us.
Our kids have grown up and flown the nest, but roll back up when they want to take a deep breath and smell the daisies so to speak.
I write in my study, which overlooks the garden and the lane. I'm often seen procrastinating, by checking out the wild life, looking—only looking—at the ironing basket and assuring tourists that indeed, I'm not the bed and breakfast. That would mean cooking fried eggs without breaking the yolks, and disturbing the dust bunnies as they procreate under the beds. Not to be thought of.
Being able to do what I love, and knowing people get pleasure from my writing is fantastic. Long may it last.
Leonora knew she'd wait for Justin to come home.
She hadn't expected it to be so long or so fraught.
When Justin joined his regiment, and was sent to the continent, Leonora promised to wait for him to return.
She didn't think it would take so long, or she'd have so many difficulties to face. Her life
changes as she struggles to cope without Justin and keep his estate running.
With someone out to destroy all she holds dear, Leonora has to fight for her beliefs and her family, and hope they get the happy ever after they deserve.
It seemed no time at all before he was escorting her into his home. On one hand he could wish the journey had been longer, on the other his prick was so eager to be out of his pantaloons and in her, he knew he was in danger of behaving like an inexperienced schoolboy and spilling his seed. With his usual hardheaded determination, he quelled his eagerness and lifted her down from the horse. She made sure she slid down every inch of him, the twinkle in her eyes showing that innocent as she protested she was, she knew just what she was doing. So did he.
“Minx. I await with mounting desire to see your arse flushed to the same rosiness as your face. I have a strong feeling their color should be the same.” Justin noted with pleasure that her gasp wasn’t one of horror but one more of arousal. It bode well for what he had in mind.
Nora raised one eyebrow, and ran her hand through her hair. “This is a mess.” She fished in her pocket, pulled out some hair- pins and twisted her hair up into an untidy bun. Justin ignored the change of subject, and didn’t tell her, her hair would be back down again before too long. She’d find that out soon enough.
Justin was no saint, and when offerings such as Nora were forthcoming, he was in no mind to refuse them. Truth to tell, he had lusted after Leonora Bessingore for an age. His cock was in a permanent state of arousal when in her proximity. He had lost count of the number of times he’d fucked himself and imagined it was her hand on his prick.
Now, he had her almost where he wanted her. Nothing could have made him happier, and his body quivered with the thought of what was hopefully in store. If he had to go into the army, and it was he knew a given, then he’d know Nora before he did.
“Upstairs.” He put his hand to the small of her back and edged her upward. “First door on the left.”
As she got to the top of the stairs her steps faltered. “Justin, what if...” Her voice petered out.
“It’s too late for that, Nora.” He pulled off his riding cape and dropped it over the balustrade. “No what ifs are allowed. The servants are away. Your father thinks we have gone on a farewell picnic, and mine is uncaring and in town.” He chose not to mention her brother. “You’ve pushed me thus far, and therefore there’s no backing out. When I rest on a pallet in some godforsaken billet with the reek of gunpowder and death round me, I’ll think of you under me. Of my cock buried to the hilt inside your channel, and the sweet love mewls I feel sure you’ll make. You will not renege.” He pushed her inside the room. It took very little effort. She may plead uncertainty, but her actions belied that state of mind.
“Wait now.” He undid the buttons on her cloak as he spoke. “I need to see if your bath has been made ready before the servants left.”
“I have no intention of doing any such thing,” Nora said. Indignation rang through her voice. “Reneging or waiting. Hell, I’ve waited so long, I may well be atrophied. I’ll bathe after.” She threw the cloak he had given her onto a chair where it teetered on the spindly back before slipping down on to the carpet. She didn’t give it a second glance. “I want to be yours, Justin. To know what if feels like to have you inside me. To feel you swell and grow and spill over me.” Color swept up her neck and over her face in such a way that Justin was enchanted. He was sure her breasts and belly would share that same delicate hue.
“Never let it be said I disappointed a lady.” Justin ran his finger over one of her flushed cheeks, it was warm to his touch. “Take your gown off.”
She looked at him as if he had two heads. In his present state of uncomfortable arousal, he would not have been surprised. His body was on fire and the only way he knew to dowse the flames was inside her. It was both torture and ecstasy to hold back and show her only a little of his desires.
“Won’t you help me?” she asked in a soft voice. “Reach my ties for me?” She lifted her hair and bent her head to expose the elegant line of her neck, and the loosely tied ribbons that encircled it.
As Justin stared at her bowed head, her spine curved, and her arse rose in his direction. His cock threatened to stretch the knit of his pantaloons beyond all reasonable limits of such material. The pose she had adopted—unconsciously he assumed—pulled the flimsy material of her gown taut over the globes of her rear, and emphasized the tantalizing cleft that separated them.
“Lift your skirts, Nora, let me see what is coming to me.”
She turned her head. Her expression was one of puzzlement.
Good. Let me see how far I can push her in the best ways imaginable.
He nodded, and her eyes widened. “But of course, my dear. To delve deep inside that secret passage, to feel my cock enclosed and held tight within will be one pinnacle of our time together.”