Today please welcome the amazing Torie James with her newest Halloween Flirt! Torie is a talented author and I just finished reading another fun adventure from her today...take it away Torie!
1. How did you start writing erotic romance? A personal dare. There was a time when I'd thought I'd ever only want to write historical romance fiction (a la Barbara Cartland!) but I've yet to pen anything remotely resembling that. *laughs* I made the mistake of discovering some erotica and fell in love.
2. Plotter or pantster? Total punster. I have plotter tendencies and good intentions but never matters. I'm winging it!
3. What are three things you have on your writing desk? My Excalibur letter opener, a black rose and my Harry Potter wand!
4. Favorite food? Tacos!
5. Tell us a little about your new release. What character in the book really spoke to you? Point of No Return is a prequel of sorts to a full length novel I'm working on. It tells the story of Avan Noxturna, the only daughter of the Devil himself and anxious to prove to her father that she is more than capable of taking over the business. However, both Heaven and Hell are conspiring against her and a very big, arrogant fly is about to land in her personal ointment. Avan spoke to me right from the beginning. She's challenge to write because she is very much into business, numbers, statistics and data. I, however, am not! *laughs* I love her independence. Yeah, her dad is Lucifer and all that jazz but she wants her life to mean more than just being a pampered princess. She's very somber and serious. Another challenge as I am neither!
6. I write because I have no other desire...
7. What is your favorite type of character to write about? I love writing about imperfection. We all have flaws, character defects, issues, etc. Mostly, I find joy in writing about women or men who are different, yet confident with it.
8. What is the sexiest scene you ever wrote? My first book, Timeless Night. My heroine, Sabrina, had finally had enough of the sexual tension between her and her protector, Alex. She lured him to a night club and teased him mercilessly into losing his cool and shattering his reserve. He took her up to the roof of the club, under the stars and made her his. It was beautiful and poignant for them both and in the end, sensual and loving.
9. What advice would you give new authors in the erotica/romance field? Hold on. Don't let go. Write from your heart and soul and go from there. Do NOT worry about what anyone else thinks and carry on. Trust your voice!
10. What is next on your writerly horizon? Book 4 of my New Camelot Series, I'm outlining Fables of Fire and Stone, as well as researching for a book on the Tudor family. Oh, and happily planning work for my book about the Greek Goddess of Fate, Clotho.
Social Media Links:
Blog and Website: http://torienjames.blogspot.com/
Amazon Author: http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B00CTBYH0M
Breathless Press Website: http://www.breathlesspress.com/
Breathless Press: http://www.breathlesspress.com/
Barnes and Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/
"If you really want to read a book that hasn't been written yet, then you must write it" ~Toni Morrison~
Torie James has loved reading since she was old enough to hold a book in her lap. While her friends were out playing, she was generally curled up nearby falling down rabbit holes, catching second stars to the right, and stepping through wardrobes into mysterious lands and countless adventures. When those stories ended, she made up her own and kept going. This later on translated into a strong passion for writing that has helped her keep her feet on the ground while her head stayed firmly in the clouds. Lover of Dr. Pepper, all things chocolate, and Duran Duran, her dreams finally became a reality with the publication of Timeless Night and Timeless Desire, Books One and Two of the award winning New Camelot Series. Slated for 3 more books in that series, she's also currently working on The Cloie Chronicles, The Tudor Files, Avan Noxturna: Soul Broker and the Fables of Blood and Stone. Two short stories, No Change Policy in Room 8 and Reclaiming the Rabbit Hole can be found in My Bloody Valentine and Wonderland Tales, respectively, through her publisher, Breathless Press.
Torie lives in Southern California with her family and a houseful of pets who rule the roost.
Full of seething, sensual shadows and hidden faces, the annual Masquerade Ball at Lymbo Resort is one event anyone would sell their soul for.
One night a year, impiety and temptation take center court at the invitation only event hosted by the mysterious Avan Noxturna. Decadent darkness, burning lust, and wicked intentions hide behind innocent masks in the most innocuous places.
The fires of hell may blaze hot, but the flames of passion consume common sense when obsessive memories escape to ignite an inferno of intimate bliss that will sear both saint and sinner.
This flirt was smoking hot and I couldn't put it down. The start of what I am told will be a much longer story, I am eager to read more. The voice was snarky, the characters wonderful and the stage Torie James has set with her angels and demons makes me wish for an invitation to this party. The seven deadlies really do have the most fun...but I want more right now.
She enjoyed being a highly sexual female who felt no shame in shagging a man for recreational purposes. Guys did it all the time and they were called studs. A woman with the same goal? Slut. Luckily, she didn't much care what anyone thought. She had no desire to settle into a bullshit relationship where she lost her identity. Her mother had schooled her. She was an island and it suited her fine when the occasional ship came into port, docking on a temporary pass. A lustful interlude with a masked stranger on Halloween? Cliché. And tempting. She did have a few extra minutes.
Then he filled her vision and she grew damp under the heated gaze.
One. Quick. Fuck.
Medicinal purposes only.
He opened his mouth to speak and she shook her head. "Shh. Don't talk. You'll ruin it."