When Maxine Grant finds herself out in the freezing rain of a winter storm, an unlikely hero comes to her rescue. Brice Vanzetti is not only a moody hunky chef, he’s the owner of a new black Lexus sporting a red scratch on the bumper. A red that perfectly matches Jilly, her beloved car. Maxine isn’t looking for a knight in shining armor, but is it too much to ask that he comes with a sense of humor along with the hot, hard body?
Brice already has a lot on his plate just keeping his restaurant running. He doesn’t have the time to deal with a woman who drives a rust bucket and doesn’t know when to come in out of the icy rain. She may have left a mark on his car, but Brice is determined she won’t put a dent in his resolve to remain a bachelor. No matter how sexy she looks when she’s mad!
Forced to seek shelter together in his house, more heats up than Brice’s hot chocolate! Stormed in with nowhere to go, Brice and Maxine can keep their differences between them, or give in to the sensual heat and accept the gifts winter has bestowed upon them.
com/index.php?main_page= product_free_shipping_info& cPath=22&products_id=587
Author Interview Questions:
1. How did you start writing erotic romance? I have always loved reading romance novels . When I started writing stories of my own, romance seemed the right genre for me.
2. Plotter or pantster? Pantster. I'm not a platter by any means.
3. What are three things you have on your writing desk? A coffee cup, lamp, printer, and ear phones. My husband shares the office and he tends to sing while he plays on his computer.
4. Favorite food? Home-made macaroni and cheese with ham.
5. Tell us a little about your new release. What character in the book really spoke to you? Winter Gifts is a contemporary romance between a farm girl and a Paris trained chef. He cooks and she doesn't . She can fix a tractor and he barely knows how to change the oil.
6. I write because … I love not knowing where the story is going to end up.
7. What is your favorite type of character to write about? A strong woman who finds herself helplessly in over her heart in love with a man who compliments her.
8. What is the sexiest scene you ever wrote? The shower scene between Maxine and Brice in Winter Gifts. More than the water was steamy in that one.
9. What advice would you give new authors in the erotica/romance field? Keep your characters real and their spicy scenes romantic.
10. What is next on your writerly horizon? Several flirts for Breathless Press and a story for October. I'll be busy.
I'd like to thank Erzabet's Enchantments for hosting me today and I hope you check out Winter Gifts on the Breathless Press website.
Winter Gifts Excerpt:
The chilly winter breeze ruffled his short brown hair, and his gray eyes almost matched the ominous clouds above them. His mouth was firm with restrained violence as he stood next to her and stared down at the black and red streak decorating his brand new Lexus.
"Who gave you a driver's license?" His gray eyes narrowed with irritation as his lips pulled back in an angry sneer.
"The State of New York." She bit her lip the second the quick response left her mouth. He looked over at her with a scowl. "I'm sorry. My brakes didn't grab—"
"Big surprise." He huffed out between perfectly white clenched teeth.
"What's that supposed to mean?"
"Have you seen the pile of scrap metal you drive around?"
"Don't insult Jilly. She's testy." She felt a jolt of adrenaline as his firm lips pulled into a half smile. It transformed his face into a handsome mask with the kind of mouth that just tempted a woman to taste him.
"Of course you named the rust bucket." He rolled his shoulders to alleviate some tension as he bent down and ran a long finger over the scratch. "It will need some new paint."
"I have my insurance information. We don't need to call the police. I'll pay for the touch-up paint.”
"When I say paint, I mean it will need to be sanded and painted. Refinished properly; the entire bumper will need to be done." He eyed her vehicle, again. The red paint job was pinged in several places and the new scratch on her bumper seemed to blend in with all the rest. "I'm betting you don't have the kind of cash to deal with it."
"I have insurance." Her jaw hurt as her own teeth ground together. Her infamous temper was close to the surface as she clenched her fists to keep herself from letting him know he was insulting her. "Look, we got off to a bad start. I'm Maxine Grant." She stuck her hand out to him with a forced, but friendly smile.
"Do me a favor, Miss Grant. Don't park anywhere near my vehicle or my restaurant from now on." He ignored her hand and walked away from her to get into his car. She glared at him and his sleek, black vehicle as he pulled out onto the street and drove away.
"Well, Happy Holidays to you too, Mr. Grumpy."
About the author:
Kelliea Ashley lives near the Canadian Border in upstate New York with her husband, a cat named Copperkitty, a dog named Sammy, and several fish, who do not have names and are very lucky her husband feeds them.
Kelliea grew up an only child with a devoted single mother. She looked at books as companions and writing as a favorite escape. She has always been a bookworm who steadfastly refused to give up her paperbacks until her loving hubby bought her a Kindle for Christmas. Secretly she still adores the smell of a well-read book, but sh… don’t tell her husband.
She has a habit in the form of chocolate and loves a glass of sweet red wine. Romance has always been her favorite genre because she sees the miracle and magic in finding ones’ true love.
Kelliea has several other titles published by Breathless Press. They are for sale on Breathless Press's website, Amazon, Bookstrand, and Goodreads. Kelliea Ashley can be contacted at the links below.
· If you buy one of our flirts, you can also find some awesome savings. Pop on over to Breathless Press and check it out.
· Contact me at the following links:
· Kelliea's Quips at http://kellieaashley.wordpress.com/
· Facebook Author Page- http://www.facebook.com/kellieaashley2
· Facebook- http://www.facebook.com/kelliea.ashley.5